Friday, October 13, 2006

REPLY TO: SOCCER MOM, FOOTBALL DAD

Sometime I get comments that are good enough to be used as a post. The following is from a reader named Babs. Thank you for the colorful commentary!

Wow, all that is sooo true. I'm always amazed at how us women can go out in public looking crazy! it's takes just as much time and effort to put on a cute velour sweatsuit as it does an ugly big Hanes one! you NEVER know who you're going to run into! it may be an ex that did you wrong, so look cute, make him look twice and think damn why did I mess up! not damn she is tore up, I'm glad I left! But just for your own feeling, put on some lip gloss, it only takes a second to slick back a ponytail. It doesn't cost a lot to look "clean" and put together. You don't need a face full of make-up or your hair all done up, guys like a girl who can look natural and comfortable without looking like you haven't showered in a week. Invest in some cute jeans, cute (trendy) t-shirts (no they are not expensive), cute sweats, some clean t-shirts and at least 1 pair of nice tennis shoes. We all have out days where we want to just bum it, but do that at home when you go out look decent, be proud to be a woman, we are beautiful big and small.
On the note about weight, I believe now that it is important to exercise not just for looks but for our health, my daughter is 13 and I NEVER look like the soccer mom in the big mom jeans that go all the way up under your boobs, I don't work out all the time because I'm a single mom, I work full time, I go to school and my daughter is involved in piano, soccer, dance, etc...but I'm always put together and I now make time at lunch to go to the gym because it's important that I feel good about myself, no man wants a woman who has low self-esteem and no (good, decent) man wants a woman who just lets herself go, I"m not saying be a size 5, cause I'm not but just be presentable, I want my man to be proud to show me off, to be proud to take me out and know that I feel good and feel sexy. That is something that I have to work on myself and I'm getting there, but please listen and just put on some decent clothes when you step out even to the grocery store!


-Babs

No comments: